Monday, March 11, 2013

Musing Monday

Good things come to those who...manifest.

This idea came to me as most ideas do when I was just on the cusp of falling asleep after a long day when it was already later than I should have been in bed and I was desperate for sleep.

I was thinking of the saying 'good things come to those who wait' and realized that I really do not like it.  It seems to imply a sense of passivity, that if one just waits things will come to them.  When really we have to work for it, we have to take steps forward.  We can envision what we want as much as we want but if we sit on our butt and do nothing that is exactly what will happen, nothing.

I think the trigger for this came from some comments about how 'lucky' hubby and I have been with how things have worked out for us etc in this shitty economy.  I don't believe in luck, you make your own path, and we have worked out butts off and worked jobs we hate to get and keep what we have.  Would we both rather be doing something else for employment - yes, but the reality of the situation is you take what you can get and if my goal is to manifest and keep a job that pays the bills and allows me to enjoy life and that job isn't my ideal right now, well I still have what I need and I have to work with it until I can get something better when the economy turns around.  Because guess what, reality plays a part too.  You can dream all you want about your ideal job that also pays you well and has great benefits but you have to acknowledge that if you're living in a country with a messed up economy you probably aren't going to get it, or at the very least you shouldn't be turning down good offers because they aren't perfect and then complaining because you can't get work.

Ok, this is taking a sideways track into a rant so I'm stopping here.

No comments:

Post a Comment