Monday, February 11, 2013

Musing Monday



People often wonder how it is that peace can be found with the most horrific events that have occurred in ones life and I have to say that there were definitely times in my own life where I wondered how I could possibly be okay with the things that have happened.  And then it comes to you, whether it is a gradual understanding or a metaphorical 2x4 to the head, you would not be the person you are today without those events in your life.  These events are part of your journey, they are what will help you obtain a level of understanding and wisdom that you could not obtain without them.  The trick I believe is not to dwell on the negative but to look at situations to find the positive in them.  Now this can be hard, especially when one is still caught up in the event, I'm by no means suggesting that people should just be able to cast aside all else and embrace the learning experience - I know for some this will never occur and from experience the actual ability to do so can take many, many years.  But I think that if we can get to that point where we begin to focus less on the event itself, its horrors and pain and more on how it has made us stronger, wiser, more compassionate (whatever the effect is) then we have discovered something invaluable in the experience, something that can help us rather than tear us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment