A Simple Spell to Gain Clarity on an issue
Timing: Dark Moon
* A black candle - representative of the goddess of night Nyx
* A tool for divination of your choice
1. Cleanse and consecrate you space. If you like to cast a circle and call quarters etc for you spell work please do so now.
2. Ground and center and then lighting the candle speak the following: "I call upon the goddess of the night, within whose mysterious darkness wisdom can be found. I call upon the goddess of the night, and ask that you aide me in my search. Guide me way within your shadowy depths. Assist me to see that which would otherwise be hidden, and to seek clarity within the depths."
3. Take some time to solidify your connection with the goddess and then proceed to perform your desired action for diving clarification by using a divination tool or through meditation.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
On Friday I was volunteering at the local Library's book sale and as usual I went to raid the New Age section before the masses were allowed in. To my surprise, sitting on the shelf on its side on top of all the other books like it was somebody's afterthought to throw it up there was "Inanna: Queen of Heaven and Earth" by Diane Wolkstein and Samuel Kramer. Naturally I quickly snagged it. You see I almost purchased this book when I first explored working with Inanna but didn't. Recently I'd done some work with Inanna's counterpart Ishtar and had a truly healing and awe inspiring experience, and then I kind of let it go, and for the past month or so I've been feeling disconnected and a little part of me has known I need to journey with Inanna/Ishtar some more but I keep putting it off. So I'm taking the presence of this book as a sign that I need to reconnect with the goddess and continue to work with her in my life.
Posted by Calenth at 1:11 PM
Monday, December 9, 2013
Sometimes all we can do is tip-toe, and that is what I'm doing right now. I started some shadow work with the coming of the darker season and I have to say that my subconscious is fighting me tooth and nail on it. This is actually quite frustrating to me because I have been putting off this work for so long waiting for school to be done so I can devote myself to it and now that I actually have the time and it won't matter too much if I break down a little in the process I've become the queen of procrastination on the issue. So I am trying not to beat myself up about it, I am trying to be patient with myself, and I know that I am making small steps, but I feel like I'm not doing enough.