Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rumi

Yes I know I missed yesterday's post - I have to be honest and say that when you spend all day and night researching magic and religion in the Greco-Roman world the last thing you want to do is write a theological post on your blog.  So I have to be honest with myself and say that maybe that particular weekly posting might get a little sporadic as my brain slowly melts out of my ears on the heavy stuff.


Today's Witchy Wednesday

(Source: http://forum.cafemontenegro.com/showthread.php?36980-Poetry-by-Rumi)

Wise words - then again I love Rumi.  But I post this for a reason.  Monday I actually partook of the wisdom (I believe T. Thorn Coyle is where I read it, although I'm sure others have said it) of taking the time to address those negative thoughts from the past that constantly re-enter your mind over and over again and embracing them, acknowledging them and figuring out what caused it, what I learned from it and then allow yourself to embrace it as part of your whole life experience and move on.  There are many thoughts that come to me on a regular basis regarding things I have done in my past that I do not like, things that bring me shame or just bother me and I often push them down, tell myself to get over it and let it go, never taking the time to deal with them.  Monday I tried the other way - and wow, what a difference.  It was something relatively small and not overly emotional (other than I felt stupid about it at the time and since) but I took the time to embrace it, discuss it and work with it and it no longer bothers me.  I actually deliberately made myself think about it the next day and I could view it with a sense of just a part of the larger journey.  Definitely applying this practice to the rest of these things as they emerge, although I'm certain that some will take more effort than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment