Friday, August 30, 2013

Free Friday

Feeling kind of disconnected from the world right now.  I'm missing friends I haven't seen in a long time and I know it is because things happen, and life gets busy and we grow and move on but I miss them.  I realize I can't really talk, I pretty much holed up in my little academic world while I worked on my thesis and didn't really take the time to connect to these people and was basically a pretty crappy friend.  And I'm generally just shocking at keeping in touch with people, if it wasn't for FB I wouldn't have any contact with some of my friends around the world, I'm just not an emailer or someone who likes to talk on the phone.  I rejoined a group recently too for my spiritual nourishment and the place is pretty dead compared to what it used to be like.  Maybe I'm just feeling it more because I'm going a little stir crazy having no more school, work is pretty slow and my spiritual studies aren't overly challenging just yet (I'm hoping it gets better).  Maybe the universe is telling me it is time to move on - but realistically and financially I'm stuck here for another year.  Wishing I had another weekend coming up where I could immerse myself in my spiritual connection like Pantheacon, but there is nothing.  And I realize I could take myself away for a weekend, I just like having an excuse to do it, it is after all hard to justify just running away for the weekend somewhere pretty (not to mention expensive).

No comments:

Post a Comment