Monday, August 26, 2013

Musing Monday


Oh how I miss walking on the beach, the one activity guaranteed to make everything better.  When I was at my worst in my depression my husband would drag me out of the house and down to the beach despite my protests and I would always feel better afterwards.  I don’t live as close to a beach as I would like anymore (I used to live a 10 minute walk – now it requires a day trip) and I miss it with every fiber of my being.  Some of the most magical moments I've experienced have come from being at a beach, with the earth and the sun and the wind and the water all meeting in perfection.  Whenever we go on vacation I always make sure that we get somewhere near a beach, and thankfully hubby is amazing enough to understand that when we do visit I need 5-10 mins just reconnecting and communing with the ocean again before we do anything so he will hang back and let me walk to the waters edge in silence and leave me undisturbed until he senses I'm ready for his company again.  I am very excited that we have a vacation coming up and I will get to go to the beach in Florida - not only a beach, but I've never seen the Atlantic ocean so I'm looking forward to that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment