Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Musings


For me this quote is less about avoiding the unpleasant moments and more about avoiding what is best for us because we are trained to think that all the social normative behaviors must be met first.  I know I can’t possibly be the only person who suffers from that issue of finding the most important things so easy to cast off because it is deemed unimportant.  It is so simple to think that taking those few minutes to ground and focus must be cast aside because the dishes need doing, or that scrubbing the bathtub will make me far more satisfied with my day than taking 5 minutes to meditate.  We cast these centering ‘me’ time activities off because we feel that our daily accomplishments must have some physical sign of having been completed when really, the worst day, the one that has you wanting to sit in a corner and rock back and forth is made better not by avoiding it, nor by completing something off that list of chores that never grows shorter, but by taking time to be in the moment, to be ourselves, to connect to whatever it is we connect with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment