Monday, November 4, 2013

Musing Monday



This is part of my struggle as I work through many issues with my shadow self.  I have come to love myself far more than I have in the past and yet there is still much work to be done.  And how easy is it, for self-love to be seen as being conceited.  How quickly people are to judge those that hold love for themselves, and yet to have that kind of acceptance of self it something we all aspire too.  This falls along those lines of that which we pick at in others is often something we dislike about ourselves.  But I wonder too home much societal pressures play a role in this as well.  How often are we taught that we should act with love towards others and put them first?  How often does the media tell us we aren't good enough?  It is a struggle to battle through these messages over and over and still come out on top, with love of self and kindness towards your self.  

No comments:

Post a Comment