Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday - April 12, 2012


This week I am thankful for the fact that I was able to get away last weekend with the hubby and spend time at the beach.

I am a water baby - in fact up until my move to the USA I have spent most of my life within a maximum driving distance of thirty minutes from the ocean.  I have missed the ocean, it grounds and centers me like nothing else.  It cleanses my worries and gives me energy.  Out last house in New Zealand had the most amazing ocean views - from our living room and our bedroom we could look out over the ocean - I could go to bed with the moon over the water and wake up with the sun rising over the ocean - it was nothing but magical.

This weekend was much needed.  Both hubby and I have been on the go for so long that we needed a weekend to stop.  We are both working full time as well as doing out Masters degrees so life is very much work, school, sleep.  It was wonderful to take time out (we amazingly had no school work due) and just be ourselves again.  In some ways it was bitter sweet to remember what life used to be like before we got the crazy idea to continue our schooling, or even before we moved to the USA.  It definitely solidified our desire to move back to the southern hemisphere.

I fell in love with Monterey and could quite happily live there (if I could afford the housing).  It reminded me a lot of areas we visited/lived in in New Zealand.

So I am thankful for- time out, sunshine, the ocean, spending time with hubby, relaxing, and remembering what life is about.


No comments:

Post a Comment