Monday, December 31, 2012

Musing Monday (12-31-12)

Ponder this.  Just about everyone I know is looking forward to the new year with an excitement that I haven't seen before and it got me thinking about a few things.  Firstly, why are we so excited about it?  Is it some subconscious knowing that there has been a shift and that amazing things are going to happen?  Is it just the hopes of something better amplified by the fact that for so many 2012 was a shocker?  Am I just more aware of peoples feelings for the new year because I myself am really looking forward to the changes?  I haven't quite made up my mind on what the reasoning behind it all is, maybe it is a bit of all of that.

Secondly, will all this positive desire create the change everyone is hoping for?  If our energies can affect an outcome you have to wonder, are we going to create the change we so desire?  With so many people focused on 2013 being an amazing year will we in essence create our own vision?  Is 2013 be amazing simply because we desire it to be so?

(Source: http://thenextweb.com/lifehacks/2012/12/29/13-web-apps-you-need-to-start-off-2013-right/)

No comments:

Post a Comment